21 Quick But Important Tips to Prepare Your Home To Sell
Most of these items will seem like common sense, but you can use this as a checklist. Many of these items are overlooked by sellers. When not taken care of beforehand some of these items can give potential buyers and overall feeling that the home is not well maintained. Subtle, unattended maintenance items can even creep into a buyers emotional state and cause them to not feel comfortable in the home. Since it is important to make buyers envision themselves living it the home, don;t let hem see it as a project, but more as their sanctuary.
Here is a list of the basics:
1) Practice thorough yard maintenance.
2) Reseal cracks in concrete areas.
3) Power-wash the exterior.
4) Clean and align gutters and downspouts.
5) Remove oil stains from driveway and garage.
6) Sweep walks and driveway.
7) Wash windows.
8) Thoroughly clean the interior.
9) Repair damage to all indoor surfaces.
10) Repair drippy faucets and showerheads.
11) Unclog slow drains.
12) Shampoo carpets, scrub and wax linoleum and wood floors.
13) Mend torn screens.
14) Clean out window tracks.
15) Replace burned-out light bulbs. l
16) Renail creaking boards or stairs; lubricate squeaking doors.
17) Clean all appliances.
18) Replace toilet seats and shower curtains.
19) Clear away all cobwebs.
20) Wash all light switches, handrails and doorknobs.
21) Declutter. Especially keep flat surfaces clean and uncluttered.